Monday, February 11, 2008


Yellow, springy skirt, slippers, hat and bolero set. This is a special order that i knit for a photographer named Sue. The skirt was pretty easy. I found a gathered lace edging from Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge book for the bottom ruffle. Then, based on the hip measurements of the model, I simply knit a tube. Eyelet holes around the waistband allowed me to thread in a knit cord for keeping it snug. White crocheted edging and embroidered daisies completes the look. I added embroidered daisies to the ends of the sweater sleeves as well, after taking the picture. I think it turned out really cute. I hope it fits well!


A closer view of the bolero. I didn't have a pattern for this, so I used a regular cardigan sweater pattern and figured out how to make the bottom rounded. I crocheted around the edges in white, to match the skirt. The sleeves are supposed to be 3/4 sleeves. I knit I-cords for the frogs, and formed them into the twists you see them in, then stitched them onto the sweater. I learned how to do that from Nicky Epstein's book, Knitted Embellishments. I love that book! Again, I added some embroidery to the sleeves, which is not in the photo.

This hat is another one that she ordered. It was actually designed by another customer for her daughter. I like the combined ear flaps and funky tasseled top.

No comments: