Thursday, September 15, 2005


The white cape is coming along nicely. It's about 18 inches long now. I'm hoping to get it done tonight and block it tomorrow. It will look very nice with my daughter's red prom dress.

There is a knitting guild meeting tonight. Should be fun. They might be choosing a new president. My husband says "just say no!" He knows how busy things can get. I don't think they'll even ask me to be president.

Our bees didn't produce much honey this year. It was very disappointing. We extracted last week and got about 1/3 of what we had hoped for. We lost half of our hives over the winter last year, so most of the hives this year are new ones. There are a couple of really big older hives that are perishing right now. I think it is a mite problem. Hopefully the scientists and the FDA will have some good solutions for us next spring.

My pet parakeet, Sunny, is helping me type. He has to be right in the middle of whatever is going on!

No comments: